Razor Hybrid Fitness Advanced
Week 7, Day 1 • 12 to 15 reps, 90 Second rest
BACK – (3 Supersets) Plank SH Razor Pull Back SS with Seated DH Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
- Attach the door stop below the bottom hinge of the door and then close and lock the door.
- Slide the desired resistance bands through the loop hole and attach the clips to the Razor.
- If you are in the gym, lower the cable to the closest locking position to the floor and attach the Razor.
- Start in the kneeling plank position or glute to heel form. Grab the Razor with your right hand and palm down, and place your left hand on the floor to stabilize your body.
- Your starting position should be fully extended, facing the door or machine, with tension on the Razor.
- Begin to pull back keeping a straight line from your elbow to the cable or band, with your forearm parallel to the ground, pushing through the floor the entire time.
- At the back of the movement retract at the shoulder blade of the working side, and draw your elbow tight against your rib cage.
- Release and follow the same line back to the starting position.
- A complete set is when both sides have been worked.
- Sit down on a pull-down machine with a wide bar attached to the top pulley.
- Make sure that you adjust the knee pad of the machine to fit your leg height.
- These pads will prevent your body from being raised up by the resistance attached to the bar.
- Grab the bar with the palms facing forward using a grip that is further than shoulder width apart.
- Extend both arms in front of you and bring your torso back around 30 degrees or so while creating a curvature on your lower back and sticking your chest out. This is your starting position.
- Bring the bar down until it touches your upper chest.
- Try to squeeze the back muscles once you reach the fully contracted position almost like you are trying to touch your elbows behind your back.
- Your upper body should remain stationary and only the arms should move.
- Then slowly raise the bar back to the starting position when your arms are fully extended and the lats are fully stretched.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for recommended repetitions.
CHEST – (3 Supersets) Standing Bottom Cable Flys SS with Plank SH Tension Razor Push Ups
- Position both cables of the cable crossover machine at the lowest setting.
- Select the resistance to be used and hold the pulleys in each hand as you step forward in front of an imaginary straight line between both pulleys.
- Place a slight bend on your elbows in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, extend your arms down to the side in line with your hips for the start position.
- In a wide arc, keeping the arms locked and pivoting on the shoulder, stretch on your chest, and move upward at a 30 or 45 degree angle.
- The movement should only occur at the shoulder joint.
- Then follow the same line coming back in a controlled fashion.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions
- Place the pulley at the lowest setting, or the door stop 6” above the floor, select the resistance to be used and attach the Razor to the cable or band.
- With a slight bend on the elbow holding the Razor in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, keep tension in the start plank/push up position.
- Keep the hand holding the Razor steady and still as you begin the movement, keeping your head to your toes in a straight line, moving straight down.
- As you move down, the arm holding the Razor performs a push up with tension as you try to keep it in one place.
- Your chest should be only a few inches away from the Razor at the bottom, and if you are a beginner, just get as low as you can that still allows you to come up.
- One complete set is when both arms have been worked. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and always start the next set using the opposite arm.
BICEPS – (3 sets) Standing EZ Bar Curls
- Stand up straight holding an EZ curl bar with arms fully extended at your waist and with both feet shoulder width apart.
- Both hands should be holding the inner grip.
- While holding the upper body and arm stationary, curl the bar forward while contracting the biceps until your arms are at shoulder level.
- Your elbows should not move forward or backward during the entire exercise.
- Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the biceps.
- As you return the arms down to the starting position follow the same line down.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
CALVES – (3 sets) Seated SL Calf Raises
- Position a 2″ ledge underneath one foot, sit down on a bench, and rest a dumbbell on your knee. You can also utilize a number of different machines that work better at most any gym.
- Load the machine with the proper weight or use the correct weighted dumbbells.
- Start with the balls of your foot on the ledge, and your heel touching the floor.
- Rest the other foot behind the working foot.
- Then in a controlled fashion, lift the weight using the working foot.
- Extend your foot completely on your toe before returning down at the same speed, following the same line down.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.