Razor Hybrid Fitness Advanced
Week 3, Day 5 • 6 to 9 reps, 1 minute rest
LEGS – (4 sets) SL Dumbbell Box Step Ups
- Stand up straight while holding a dumbbell in each hand on the floor.
- Place the right foot on the elevated platform or box.
- Step on the platform by extending the hip and the knee of your right leg.
- Do not place your left leg on the box until your right leg is fully extended straight.
- Step down with the left leg and return to the original standing position.
- You can repeat with the right leg for the recommended amount of repetitions, or alternate with each leg the entire time.
- One complete set is when both legs have been worked for the recommended repetitions.
BICEPS – (4 sets) Plank SH Razor Curl with Twist
- Place the pulley at the lowest setting, or the door stop 6” above the floor, select the resistance to be used and attach the Razor to the cable or band.
- Pull the locking pin to allow the Razor to rotate 360 degrees (this movement can only be done with 20 lbs. of tension or more attached to Razor).
- Get down in the push up, or plank position with your feet against the door or machine, and your palm up.
- Put a slight bend on the elbow that is not holding the Razor in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon and to get low enough to keep your working arm, elbow to shoulder, parallel with the ground for your starting position (for a beginner, or after muscle fatigue you can hold yourself up with the forearm of the non-working arm, instead of using your hand with a slight angle).
- While keeping the elbow in one spot, and pushing through the floor, start with your arm fully extended and curl until your bicep is fully contracted, rotating the handle until your palm is facing towards your head.
- Then follow the same line going back in a controlled fashion.
- One complete set is when both arms have been worked.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended repetitions.
TRICEPS – (4 sets) Standing DH Rope Push Downs
- Attach a rope attachment to the highest setting on a cable machine, and grab the rope with palms facing each other.
- Stand up straight, facing the door or machine, until you are about 2 feet away.
- Bring your elbows in tight to your sides making a 90 degree angle with your arm, with your forearms parallel to the floor for your starting position.
- During the entire exercise your forearms should not go above this 90 degree angle.
- Using the triceps, bring the rope down as you bring each side of the rope to the side of your thighs.
- At the end of the movement the arms are fully extended and perpendicular to the floor.
- The elbows should remain stationary as you fully extend your arms down. Flex and contract the triceps for an instant at the bottom.
- Then follow the same line coming back in a controlled fashion.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions.