Razor Hybrid Fitness Advanced
Week 3, Day 1 • 14 to 18 reps, 1 minute rest
BACK – (4 sets) Plank SH 45° Razor Pull Back
- Attach the door stop below the bottom hinge of the door and then close and lock the door.
- Slide the desired resistance bands through the loop hole and attach the clips to the Razor.
- If you are in the gym, lower the cable to the closest locking position to the floor and attach the Razor.
- Start in the kneeling plank position or glute to heel form.
- Use the locking pin to move the handle into position 3 and grab the Razor with your right hand, and place your left hand on the floor to stabilize your body.
- Your starting position should be fully extended, facing the door or machine, with tension on the Razor.
- Begin to pull back keeping a straight line from your elbow to the cable or band, with your forearm parallel to the ground, pushing through the floor the entire time.
- At the back of the movement retract at the shoulder blade of the working side, and draw your elbow tight against your rib cage. Release and follow the same line back to the starting position.
- Lock the Razor in position one for the left hand and repeat the movement.
- A complete set is when both sides have been worked.
CHEST – (4 sets) Feet Elevated Plank SH Side Razor Fly
- Place the pulley at the lowest setting, or the door stop 6” above the floor, select the resistance to be used and attach the Razor to the cable or band.
- Get down in the push up, or plank position with your feet elevated at least 24” and your body a little more than arm length away from the point of attachment (this movement can also be done with bodyweight only as well).
- With a slight bend on the elbow holding the Razor in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, keep tension in the start position.
- Push through the floor with the hand holding the Razor as you begin the movement, keeping your head to your toes in a straight line, moving straight down keeping that slight bend in your elbow and keeping it locked.
- As you move down, the arm holding the Razor performs a fly, as the stationary arm performs a push up.
- Your chest should be only a few inches off the ground for advanced, and if you are a beginner just get as low as you can that still allows you to come up.
- One complete set is when both arms have been worked.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and always start the next set using the opposite arm.
BICEPS – (4 sets) Standing Straight Bar 21s
- Stand up straight holding barbell with arms fully extended at your waist and with both feet about shoulder width apart.
- Both hands should be shoulder width or just past shoulder width apart.
- While holding the upper body and arm stationary, curl the bar forward while contracting the biceps until your arms form a 90 degree angle and repeat for 7 reps.
- Then move the bar until your arms are at shoulder level and go down until your arms are at a 90 degree angle and repeat for 7 reps.
- Then start while holding the bar with your arms fully extended and curl the bar up until your hands are at shoulder level for 7 reps.
- Your elbows should not move forward or backward during the entire exercise.
- As you return the arms down to the starting position follow the same line down.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
SHOULDERS – (4 sets) Seated Arnold Press
- Sit down on an exercise bench with the back support at a slight angle and hold two dumbbells in front of you at chest level with your palms facing your body and your elbows resting on your rib cage.
- Then raise the dumbbells as you rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing forward, keeping your elbows in.
- Continue lifting the dumbbells until your arms are extended above you in straight arm position.
- Then follow the same line down as you return the dumbbells to the original position by rotating the palms of your hands toward you.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions.