Razor Hybrid Fitness Advanced
Week 2, Day 1 • 8 to 11 reps, 90 second rest
CHEST – (5 sets) Plank SH 45° Bottom Razor Fly
- Place the pulley at the lowest setting, or the door stop 6” above the floor, select the resistance to be used and attach the Razor to the cable or band.
- Get down in the push up, or plank position a little more than arms length away from the point of attachment (this movement can also be done with bodyweight only).
- Move your entire body forward so that your arm will move at a 45 degree angle towards the machine, and your bottom position will have the hand holding the Razor down by your hip, about 2 feet away from it.
- The handle on the Razor should also be adjusted to 45 degrees.
- With a slight bend on the elbow holding the Razor in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, keep tension in the start position.
- Push through the floor with the hand holding the Razor as you begin the movement, keeping your head to your toes in a straight line, moving straight down keeping that slight bend in your elbow and keeping it locked.
- As you move down, the arm holding the Razor performs a fly, as the stationary arm performs a push up.
- Your chest should be only a few inches off the ground for advanced, and if you are a beginner, just get as low as you can that still allows you to come up.
- One complete set is when both arms have been worked.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and always start the next set using the opposite arm.
BACK – (5 sets) Seated DH Close Grip Lat Pull Downs
- Sit down on a pull-down machine with a wide bar attached to the top pulley.
- Make sure that you adjust the knee pad of the machine to fit your leg height.
- These pads will prevent your body from being raised up by the resistance attached to the bar.
- Grab the row grip attachment bar with the palms facing each other using a grip that you would for seated double hand cable rows.
- Extend both arms in front of you and bring your torso back around 30 degrees or so while creating a curvature on your lower back and sticking your chest out. This is your starting position.
- Bring the bar down until your forearms touch your chest.
- Try to squeeze the back muscles once you reach the fully contracted position almost like you are trying to touch your elbows behind your back.
- Your upper body should remain stationary and only the arms should move.
- Then slowly raise the bar back to the starting position when your arms are fully extended and the lats are fully stretched.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for recommended repetitions.
BICEPS – (5 sets) Standing EZ Bar Curls
- Stand up straight holding an EZ curl bar with arms fully extended at your waist and with both feet shoulder width apart.
- Both hands should be holding the inner grip.
- While holding the upper body and arm stationary, curl the bar forward while contracting the biceps until your arms are at shoulder level.
- Your elbows should not move forward or backward during the entire exercise.
- Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the biceps.
- As you return the arms down to the starting position follow the same line down.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.