Razor Hybrid Fitness Advanced
Week 5, Day 5 • 6 to 9 reps, 2 minute rest
SHOULDERS – (3 sets) Plank SH Side Razor Cable Pull Through
- Start in the plank position, which is on your knees or on your toes, keeping your body as straight as possible from your head to your knees, or toes, throughout the entire movement.
- You must have resistance for this movement.
- Keep the arm that is holding the Razor back somewhere between your lower abdomen and shoulder with palm down to start.
- Place the opposite arm on the ground as you would in the top position for a regular push up.
- Keep your elbow locked at a slight angle to isolate the shoulder throughout the entire motion.
- Pull the Razor through your body and to the side like you would for a side Razor fly to the fully extended position.
- Your body should be a few inches off the ground at the end position, pushing through the floor throughout.
- Follow the same line as you release, keeping the elbow locked to complete one repetition.
- Keep your core engaged, refraining from having your body torque from the hips to the shoulders.
- One complete set is when both sides have been worked.
- Always start the next set with the opposite arm.
TRICEPS – (3 sets) Plank SH Hammer Grip Razor Kickbacks
- Place the pulley at the lowest setting, or the door stop 6” above the floor, select the resistance to be used and attach the Razor to the cable or band.
- Get down in the push up, or plank position with your head facing the point of attachment.
- Lock the handle in the hammer position (this is when the handle is parallel with the wheels).
- Put a slight bend on the elbow that is not holding the Razor in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon and to get low enough to keep your working arm, elbow to shoulder, parallel with the ground for your starting position (for a beginner, or after muscle fatigue you can hold yourself up with the forearm of the non-working arm, instead of using your hand with a slight angle).
- While keeping the elbow in one spot, and pushing through the floor, fully extend your arm back until it is completely straight.
- Then follow the same line coming back in a controlled fashion.
- One complete set is when both arms have been worked.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions.
LEGS – (3 sets) SL Press
- Sit down in a leg press machine and place your right leg on the platform directly in front of you at a shoulder width or slightly less than shoulder width position. Position your left leg out of the way of the lowering platform, off to the side.
- Push forward to relieve the weight from the safety bars, and turn the safety bars out while fully extending your right leg without locking your knee completely out.
- Your torso and right leg should make a perfect 90-degree angle as you are sitting in the starting position.
- Slowly lower the platform until your leg makes a 90-degree angle.
- Push mainly with the ball of your foot and return the weight to the starting position, not locking the knees out.
- One complete set is when both legs have been worked for the recommended repetitions.
ABS – (3 sets) Hanging Toes to Bar
- Hang from a pull-up bar with both arms bent slightly with your choice of grip.
- Your legs should be straight down to start.
- Then while keeping your torso solid and legs as straight as possible, raise your legs keeping your knees together and try to touch your toes to the bar you are gripping.
- Then with slow and controlled movement, return your legs down to the starting position.
- Beginners can raise your legs until the torso makes a 90-degree angle with the legs and hold the contraction for a second before returning to start position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.