Razor Hybrid Fitness Beginner
Week 5, Day 1 • 10 to 12 reps, 2 minute rest
BACK – (3 sets) Standing DH Wide Grip Band Lat Pull Downs w/ Band at Top of Hinge
- Attach the door stop above the top hinge of the door and then close and lock the door.
- Slide the desired resistance bands through the loop hole and attach the handles to the ends of the bands.
- Bend your knees and bend forward slightly at the waist with one leg back for balance grabbing the handles at shoulder width apart above your head as you look down at the floor.
- There should be an imaginary straight line from your waist to your hands in the starting position.
- Then retract the shoulder blades moving both arms down at the same time, as you flex the elbow, drawing the handles towards your chest and acting like you are trying to touch your elbows behind your back.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for recommended repetitions.
CHEST – (3 sets) Standing DH Band Press w/ Band at Top of Hinge
- Position the door stop on the hinge side of the door at chest level and hook both handles up to bands for the desired resistance.
- Face away from the door with one foot in front of the other, back straight up, and with the bands at your chest for the starting position.
- Then use your chest to push the bands in front of you in a controlled motion.
- Your hand positions should be furthest apart at the beginning of the movement and slowly get closer until your arms are fully extended in front of you.
- Lock your arms at the top of the lift and squeeze your chest, and then follow the same line coming back in a controlled fashion.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended amount of repetitions.
BICEPS – (3 sets) Standing SH 45° Razor Curls
- Place the pulley at the lowest setting, or the door stop 6” above the floor, select the resistance to be used and attach the Razor to the cable or band.
- Get down in the push up, or plank position with your feet against the door or machine, and your palm down.
- Lock the Razor into the 45 degree position.
- Put a slight bend on the elbow that is not holding the Razor in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon and to get low enough to keep your working arm, elbow to shoulder, parallel with the ground for your starting position (for a beginner, or after muscle fatigue you can hold yourself up with the forearm of the non-working arm, instead of using your hand with a slight angle).
- While keeping the elbow in one spot, and pushing through the floor, start with your arm fully extended and curl until your bicep is fully contracted.
- Then follow the same line going back in a controlled fashion.
- One complete set is when both arms have been worked.
- Repeat the movement for the recommended repetitions.
CALVES – (3 sets) Standing SL Band or Dumbbell Calf Raise
- Position a 2″ ledge underneath one foot, and place the other foot behind you just off the ground.
- You can use a single dumbbell in one hand while using the other for balance. You can hold a single dumbbell in both hands for a little more advanced move that requires balance, or use a barbell or smith machine for another variation.
- Start with the balls of your foot on the ledge, and your heel touching the floor.
- Then in a controlled fashion, lift your body only using your calf.
- Stand up on your toes completely before returning down at the same speed, following the same line down.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.