Razor Hybrid Fitness Beginner
Week 3, Day 2 • 14 to 18 reps, 1 minute rest
LEGS – (4 sets) Standing SL Band Curls
- Secure one end of the band to the lower portion of a post, or using the door attachment, about 6 inches above the floor on the hinge side of the door.
- Attach the other to end to your foot or ankle.
- Facing the attachment point of the band, you can hold onto the door or onto the column to stabilize yourself.
- This will be your starting position.
- Bring your foot back at a 90 degree angle.
- Pause at the completion of the movement, and then slowly return to the starting position.
TRICEPS – (4 sets) Close Grip Push Ups
- Get into pushup position on the toes, or knees if you are a beginner, with your hands inside of shoulder width apart.
- For advanced, your index fingers and thumbs should be touching each other.
- Perform a pushup by allowing the elbows to flex.
- As you descend, keep your body straight from your head to your toes, or knees.
- Try to get a few inches off the ground for advanced and just get as low as you can if you are a beginner.
- Follow the same line up and repeat for recommended repetitions.
ABS – (4 sets) Lying on Back Knees Bent at 90° Crunches
CALVES – (4 sets) Standing SL Calf Raises
- Position a 2″ ledge underneath one foot, and place the other foot behind you just off the ground.
- You can use a single dumbbell in one hand while using the other for balance. You can hold a single dumbbell in both hands for a little more advanced move that requires balance, or use a barbell or smith machine for another variation.
- Start with the balls of your foot on the ledge, and your heel touching the floor.
- Then in a controlled fashion, lift your body only using your calf.
- Stand up on your toes completely before returning down at the same speed, following the same line down.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.