Razor Hybrid Fitness Beginner
Week 2, Day 1 • 8 to 11 reps, 90 second rest
CHEST – (5 sets) Plank SH Tension Razor Push Ups
- Place the pulley at the lowest setting, or the door stop 6” above the floor, select the resistance to be used and attach the Razor to the cable or band.
- With a slight bend on the elbow holding the Razor in order to prevent stress at the biceps tendon, keep tension in the start plank/push up position.
- Keep the hand holding the Razor steady and still as you begin the movement, keeping your head to your toes in a straight line, moving straight down.
- As you move down, the arm holding the Razor performs a push up with tension as you try to keep it in one place.
- Your chest should be only a few inches away from the Razor at the bottom, and if you are a beginner, just get as low as you can that still allows you to come up.
- One complete set is when both arms have been worked. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and always start the next set using the opposite arm.
BACK – (5 sets) Standing DH Band Bent Over Row
- Use the handles out of the Band Kit and clip each end of the hook to one or more bands so that you have two handles on a band.
- Bend your knees slightly and use both feet to stand on the middle of the resistance band.
- Bend forward slightly at the waist and let both hands hang straight down for the starting position.
- Then retract the shoulder blades moving both arms up at the same time, as you flex the elbow, drawing the handles towards your stomach or rib cage.
- Lower the handles and repeat for recommended repetitions.
BICEPS – (5 sets) Standing SL Stabilization DH Band Curls
- Put the door stop in around 6” off the floor on the hinge side of the door and hook up both handles to the selected band(s) for resistance.
- Stand about 3 feet away from the door, balancing on one leg that is slightly bent, while holding the other leg just a few inches off the ground.
- Start with your arms fully extended in front of you with your elbows close to your side.
- Begin curling both arms at the same time contracting the biceps until your arms are at shoulder level.
- Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the biceps.
- Then slowly return your arms to the starting position while balancing on your leg and keeping your entire body as stable as possible.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.